With adbrix, you can set the post-back, fraud defense system(Fraud Kill-Chain) and attribution rules based on the AD Campaign level, which is a unit for the group of tracking links. For example, if you are planning on running two campaigns for two different countries with same media partner, you need to set two different post-back, fraud detection, attribution rules which fits the campaign environment of each country. With the concept of AD Campaign, adbrix helps you to set campaign-specific rules and to get reported on the customized reports.
This guide explains the concept of AD Campaign provided by adbrix and the ways to start using it.
1. AD Campaign Introduction
1.1 What is AD Campaign?
AD Campaign is a unit of campaign(bundle of Tracking Links) to be applied with the same post-back, AD Fraud defense rules and attribution rules. You can compose the campaign considering ad types, country, location, OS environment, etc. and properly manage them independently by campaigns.
1.2 Why is AD Campaign Important?
What it used to be was that there could be only one specific attribution rule setting between application company and a media partner. So, it was not possible to run multiple advertisement products provided by the media partners because they could not set different rules for different types of campaigns.
Now with the concept of AD Campaign, you can set the post-back, AD Fraud defense system and attribution rules independently by the advertisement campaign(group of tracking links), enabling partners to run various campaigns with suitable rules.
For example, for the case which ‘Global One Build’ app tries to run different types of ad products(eg. Reward AD, Non-Reward CPI AD, etc.) provided by one media partner, or for the case which the guideline for the deduction process is different by country, even with the same product, you can set corresponding AD Campaigns individually, and set the right rules for the purpose of each campaigns.
For more use cases for AD Campaign, please refer to 5. AD Campaign Setting Examples.
The integration of adbrix SDK is necessary for the application of AD Campaign setting.
- Please check following guide if you have not integrated SDK.
>> adbrix Integration Guide
Where can I check the old campaigns(Tracking Link)?
- You can check the old campaigns(Tracking Link) at the Old Tracking Link menu.
- Detailed guide can be checked in the following link.
>> How can we check the old tracking links before the update?
2. AD Campaign Setting: Step by Step
2.1 Media Partner Activation
The activation of media partner channel to run campaign on is needed before you create the AD Campaign. The activation is only needed once for each media partner after the app integration. Follow the steps below to activate the media partners.
1) Move to Attribution > AD Partner Settings
2) Search for the AD Partner to activate, and select.
3) Activate the partner channel by clicking Enable button at the bottom right corner.
2.2 AD Campaign Creation
1) Move to Attributions > AD Campaign
2) Click on + Create a new campaign
3) Fill in the name of the AD Campaign and click on the OK button to create the campaign.
2.3 Tracking Link Generation
1) Move to Attributions > AD Campaign
2) Click on the AD Campaign you created.
3) Click on Tracking Link tab.
4) Select the connected media partner from the list.
5) Click on the Use button at the bottom right corner of media partner information.
6) Click on the Generate a Tracking link button.
[[인용:정보:작게]]SRN(Self-Reporting Networks) media partner setting
- For the case of SRN(Self-Reporting Networks) media partner, please follow this guideline.
Oh no! I can’t see the button ‘Generate a Tracking link’
- You need to connect(activate) with the media partner to generate tracking link. Please check 2.1. Media Activation guide.
- For the media partners which are not connected to your application, you cannot see the ‘Generate a Tracking link’ button.
Connecting with media partners in AD Campaign
1) Search and select the media partner you would like to generate tracking link.
2) Click on Partner Connection button at the right.
3) Click Enable button at the newly opened window.
4) Come back to the original web page and refresh by clicking button.
5) Search for the media partner, and click Use button.
6) After this process, you will be able to find Generate a Tracking Link button at the top right corner of media partner page.
2.3.1 Definition of Tracking Link
1) Fill in the name of Tracking Link (ex. New_Sign_up_promotion_19_08_01_event)
2) Select the landing format of tracking link.
- Download: Move to the markets you set on AD Landing Settings, such as Play Store, App Store, One Store, etc.
- Download +Deep Link: Depending on whether the user has app or not, lands to the market or opens the app through deep-link. This is based on the pre-set deep-link value, and in order to use this feature, the deep-link feature should be in the application.
3) Select the landing format and move next.
[[인용:정보:작게]] What is ‘Deferred Deep-link’?
‘Deferred Deep-link’ means ‘Deep-link Open’ which lands right onto the session which app wants the user to visit, when the user without the app installed clicks on the tracking link set with ‘Download + Deep Link’ and installs the app. There is a great advantage which you can match the ad message and landing point. The tracking link with deep-link feature applied automatically takes the deferred deep-link feature.
2.3.2 Configure Options: Adding landing detail settings and parameters
Deep Linking Setting (Only if you chose Download + Deep-link Landing Format)
In case which you chose Download + Deeplink landing format, choose deep-link path method.
Ad-Touch Landing Settings
Default Setting: The package Name/App Store ID set in the AD Landing Settings menu will be used directly.
Custom Setting: Custom page which you set, not the package Name/App Store ID set in the AD Landing Settings menu.
Tracking Parameter Settings
Adbrix adds the parameters to the tracking links to support detailed performance analysis on each campaign.
Not only the UTM provided by Google Analytics, additional detailed parameters for clients are provided.
For further details, please refer to the following link.
2.3.3 Create Tracking Link
When you create tracking link, both the Click URL and Impression URL will be generated. Use the right URL for the ad product.
2.3.4 Edit Tracking Link
The generated tracking link can be edited by AD Campaign > Select Partner > ‘Action’ item at the right side of the tracking link list> Click button > Edit
2.4 Custom Partner Registration and Utilization
- Custom Partner?
Custom partner means directly created partner which are not officially integrated partner of adbrix.
Generally, the custom partner is used to track the ad performances which do not need post-back or on/offline promotion/SMS/event pages.
1) Move to Attribution > AD Partner Settings
2) Click on ‘Custom Partner’ button at the top right corner, fill in the blanks, create the channel.
(Company or Product Name, Contact Name, Contact Email items are MUST FILL IN.)
3) Click on the ‘Configure’ button and enable it.
4) Create the tracking link and use it.
(After registration, set the attribution at the channel’s ad-touch - open attribution tab.)
[[인용:정보:작게]]Notice when using custom partner !
- Custom partner does not support post-back.
- Please use right media partner channel if you wish to run campaign which involves post-back steps.
- If you want to send post-back to a specific end-point such as internal BI(Business Intelligence), contact adbrix team.
2.5 KPI(Key Performance Indicator) Setting
KPI(Key Performance Indicator) is a custom index showing how much did the users acquired by campaign achieved certain activities(App Open, Purchase, In-app Events, etc.)which you have set as the objective. If you set KPI, you can see the campaign performance report in one table. The set KPI will be automatically applied to the column of pre-set AD Campaign Dashboard which adbrix supports.
KPI(Key Performance Indicator) has following characteristics.
- KPI is measured separately with the Attribution Conditions > Event Lookback Window conditions with dashboard filters.
- Counts specific activities which have been achieved after the last attribution of New Install, Re-Install, Deeplink Open.
- Look-back Window will be the time you set when you create KPI.
How to Set the KPI
1) Move to KPI Rule Setting Tab.
2) Click on + Add Events.
3) Name the KPI.
4) Choose which unit to show the index.
- Total: Count all the events which achieved KPI based on the set metric. (Yes Duplicate)
- Unique: Count all the users which achieve KPI based on the set metric. (No Duplicate)
5) Set the Campaign Objective. (Details are below.)
6) Set the Lookback Window for the KPI.
- If you set as 7 day, certain activities taking place within 7 days, made by the newly acquired users, will be recognized as the media partner’s performance.
- You can set from 1 hour to 30 days.
[[인용:정보:작게]] Set the Campaign Objective as detail as possible!
You can set the object of campaign in three perspectives: App Open, Purchase, Specific Event.
A. User opens the app again.
- Set the activity of opening app again after the campaign inflow as KPI.
B. User purchases the product.
- Set the activity of making purchases after the campaign inflow as KPI.
- ‘Purchase’ activity can not only track all the products but also specific product(product name).
C. User finishes certain activity.
- Set in-app events, not including app open and purchases as KPI.
- The in-app events can be set and tracked on sub-property basis.
2.6 Post-back Final Setting
Postbacks Final Setting tab is a panel to finally adjust the post-back action values to apply on the AD Campaign. There should be four items activated in order to run post-back by types.
1) Setting by Partner: Shows whether media partner supports the type of post-back (on/off).
* To change to ‘On’, contact media partner.
2) App Setting: Shows whether the event-postback of the media partner is activated in the AD Partner Settings menu.
3) Campaign Setting: Shows on/off of ‘State’ in the AD Campaign.
4) Final: If every setting is turned ‘On’, the data will be fine to go with post-back.
2.7 Fraud Kill-Chain Setting
Fraud Kill-Chain is the High-End AD Fraud Protection Solution which adbrix proudly presents.
Fraud Kill-Chain is provided on a subscription basis. Further details can be checked in the following link.
3. Dashboard Creation and Check
3.1 Check pre-set dashboard
When you create AD Campaign, you can see the pre-set dashboard “AD Campaign Dashboard” and “Fraud Kill-Chain Dashboard”
3.2 Creating custom dashboard
+ You can create additional dashboards, and load the dashboards from the other AD Campaign. In the dashboard created in the AD Campaign, you can only check the data which have been recognized as the credit(performance) of the partner tracking link.
4.SRN(Self-Reporting Networks) Campaign Setting
- Google ADs, Twitter, Apple Search ADs Media Partner Setting
SRN(Self-Reporting Networks) means the media partners which provides ‘Self-Attribution Report’ tracked in their own platform. Unlike other media partners using tracking links, the SRN media partners are integrated with adbrix server-to-server, and has their own attribution methods and event data collection structure.
- Google ADs, Twitter, Apple Search Campaigns are not included in the AD Campaign, and can be created in the AD Partner Settings.
- Further details can be checked in the following link.
[[인용:정보:작게]] How do we create Facebook Campaign?
You can set the Facebook campaign by creating tracking link(deep-link information) in the AD Campaign.
For details, please check Facebook Campaign Settings.