iOS 14 Update(2): Changes of Adbrix SDKFollow
For the detailed policy of iOS14 ATT, please see the "iOS14 update(1): what is going to change?" article.
This article is instructions for advertisers and ad partners on adbrix iOS SDK update dealing with iOS14.
SDK update for iOS14
background of update
- In the latest iOS SDK 1.6.5400 version, adbrix has decided to use IDFV as the default device identifier to measure and analyze the performance of advertisements according to iOS14 ATT policy.
- IDFV is the vendor ID that is issued to each app publisher(vendor, supplier) by Apple.
"IDFV can be used to track attribution only within the same bundle ids. Unless a user doesn't allow the ad networks to track activity, they cannot track the user's action using IDFV with other data in the app or website."
- Apple's user privacy and data policy
- Therefore, IDFV cannot be a means of retargeting and cannot be used to track attribution among the different apps. In other words, IDFV cannot be a perfect replacement for IDFA in the mobile marketing environment.
- Attribution tracking with IDFA has faced many restrictions because of the iOS14 update, we decided to apply IDFV as the default device identifier instead of IDFA. This update would give us more possibilities to measure and analyze the user data.
- Switching the device identifier from IDFA to IDFV has resulted in the following changes.
changes on SDK update
- In the iOS SDK update 1.6.5400 version, adbrix will track attribution with IDFV as a default device identifier, but we do include IDFA in attribution modeling and postback if we get permission from the user by ATT prompt.
- From iOS SDK 1.6.5400 on, adbrix has started to track attribution with IDFV. If a user who had deleted an app in the past installs it again, this would be counted as the new install not reinstall, because there is no history with IDFV install. To prevent this double-counted new install, we are working on the migration from IDFA to IDFV and this would be finished in the middle of April.
- If a partner directly converts users to the app via tracking link, adbrix measures attribution using the probabilistic modeling with IDFV unless both partners and advertisers get IDFA from users. Please activate Click-Fingerprint on Open Attribution Modeling in the console.- see the detail
- There are some changes to the Apple Search Ad framework. - see the detail
- adbrix is going to update SKAdNetwork integration with the partner that is ready, we are going to update every detail of SKAdNetwork on the article iOS14 update(1): What is going to change?.